Che Guevara is the role model of many youths across the world. Everyone can feel the voice of Latin America in his thinking. A young man pursuing medical course was transformed into revolutionary by a travel. As a young medical student, Guevara traveled throughout Latin America and was transformed by the endemic poverty he witnessed. His experiences and observations during these trips led him to conclude that the region's ingrained economic inequalities were an intrinsic result of monopoly capitalism, neo-colonialism, and imperialism, with the only remedy being world revolution. He became the eminent face of communism in 20 century.
Now, compare yourself with him. You will be the person who has not traveled so far yet.But who am I to tell you to do these adventurous things. Simply NOBODY;Stop reading here if you will be stuck in same place after these lines OR just hear what I want to say.
I started reading novels with “Gulliver travels”,"Around the world in 80 days" and "Sindbad the sailor". 'Triyatri' and 'The Motorcycle Diaries' were inspiring movies for me.
Traveling without an open heart is the loss of time and labor. Make yourself free from previous life experiences and relations.Age is no bar to traveling but young time is preferred. When endurance and passion is high, Traveler can push through stones on the road to his personal milestones. Labyrinth of living and earning consumes your energy level with the age;
“Saer kar duniya ki gafil zindgani phir kahaan,Zindgani gar rahe to, Nazawani phir kahaan”
Think out of Box is nice proverb of English Literature. In Hindi literature, “Koop Manduk”: Frog of well is well defined terms for static people. When you stay for long period of time at anywhere, importance of yours is lost. Your observation skill vanishes due to adaption in monotonous condition.The sense of wonder is lost amid surrounding.Immense knowledge can be incorporated from visiting place. Dissolve in local culture and feel the joy. You will truly feel small and ego will be lost on discovering new world around you. This false egotism comes from ignorance. The more you know, you will become modest and wise.
You have not come this far just to applaud beauty of a building and city. Historical and traditional survey perspective is necessary for getting clear image of society and country.
First hand Tips for Travelers:
· Vagabondage is apart not wholesome of traveling. Read and listen (Observation skills) about the people and visiting places.
· Good Hotels, means of transport and food will not be in your service. Make yourself a rough rider.
· Cultural, Linguistic, geographical and wildlife diversity of the region gives a rough idea about the traveling path.
· Observe the nature. They give the feeling of eternity and transitoriness at same time.
· Not stones but contact with people is significant. Talk if you can to locals about their habitat.
· Traveler should neither hope for eternity nor for the fame. His main concern should be walk less traveled road.
· Lonely planet and Discovery travel and livings are best television shows about traveling.
· Do not wait for Travel grant or reimbursement in future.
· Maintain Travel Diary. It will refresh and inspire you and others in future.
· Last but not least, safety is primary concern. Prefer visiting public places and get your timing of tour synchronized with the local customs.
Each of the readers has lived enough life of Mr. Anderson (Matrix). Do not get the bundle of baggage ready in preparation for departure. Get, set and go neo;Currently, I want to read a book named:The Motorcycle Diaries by Che Guevara;Just read the lines from the book....
"The stars streaked the night sky with light in that little mountain town and the silence and the cold dematerialised the darkness. It was as if all solid substances were spirited away in the ethereal space around us, denying our individuality and submerging us, rigid, in the immense blackness."
"And then what happens?"
2 hours ago