Sunday, December 7, 2008

13 Movies I will see again before I die

13 is very suspected number in the common masses. Hence, I prefer to choose 13 against mainstream choice. I am great movie viewer from my childhood by watching "The Adventures of Milo and Otis" on DD but real dream of watching mainstream and foreign language gems were fulfilled in my graduation years. I had started from scratch i.e. "The Mummy" on HBO to zenith i.e. "Pather Panchali" on PC. I present here list of 13 feel good films before you.

Golmaal
Truman Show
Dead Poet's Society
Malena
Groundhog Day
Spirited Away
Cinema Paradiso
Stand by Me
Lage Raho Munna Bhai
Khosla ka Ghosla!
Ferris Bueller's Day off
The Good, the bad and the Ugly
Kung Fu Panda ;

They are 13 movies to watch again before I die. I have already watch each of them atleast 20 times or more. They are the movies touching to the heart, not of being brain only. Films are not all about playing with light and shade and creating conflict between characters or depicting twisted and unpredictable stories. It is not bloody science but mere combination of art and technology. Technology is just medium of presenting idea but viewers/audience will always be affected by the raw emotions only. In short, I love these movies not due to technology and end result but due to their inspiring and refreshing nature. They contain unfiltered raw emotion affecting me deeply in some uncorrupted part of soul. They remind me that we are more than a speck of sand in the universe.

2 comments:

  1. Man.. if the movie is MALENA I can even wake up from my death bed to watch it again.. even the yamdoots would accompany me ;)

    ReplyDelete