Friday, May 29, 2009

Bhojpuri Comfortably Numb

Photu used with permission. And the protagonist was really numb at that time. I hope he won't mind it.


*This is a photo of my friend, not me;
From one of the Stanza of English version:

When I was a child I had a fever
My hands felt just like two balloons.
Now I've got that feeling once again
I can't explain you would not understand
This is not how I am.
I have become comfortably numb.

And now, the rough Bhojpuri translation in English script:

Jab hum tha ek bachwa, tab humko hua bukhar
hamaar haath gaye phool, jaise ki du bailoon.
ab humko hua e ehsaas ek baar aur, (par karo gaur)
hum samjha nahi sakte, aap nahi na samjhiyega
hum waise nahi hain jaise abhi hain.
ab ban gaye hain hum, aaramtalbi aur sunn.

Poem is on my state at the college days where I have become epitome of lethargy and anti-bathist. Only watching movies , bunking classes and playing AOE. I am trying to get again that feeling in the corporate world but all attempts are vain till now. This translation is dedicated to all Indian Floydians from my side. Original Material yahan se uthaya aur sanshodhit kiya hai.

No comments:

Post a Comment