Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Status Updates

Life is seldom dull for the dissident like me. With too much energy combined with weak concentration forming restlessness is the disease thriving in me. So the seasons of either extreme energy or laziness surrounds my aura. I assume that mine cultural, social, economic and national background takes away the liberty to define myself. I will always be bounded by my social network, no matter what happens in the future. This identity question is really big and complex.

I always think my past and say: Here lives a man amongst us who will stand up and question thyself " Who will right the wrong?" ; There was a man who dared to inspire change or spoke his hearts out while hurting the beliefs of his friends and strangers.

Blog has become a part of my identity now. I love to write but unable to write or read these days. These days, I love my status updates on facebook. Entertainment is huge component of Facebook but its thinking component is much less than in blogging. Twitter is much shallow and works only for those having veil of mystery or stardom. Hence, I don't tweet.

If everyone had a job they loved, entertainment as a concept wouldn’t have been born. Without comparison one doesn't loose own soul in the rat race. Also, no reason to hell bent and prove an identity to society. Few lines to reflect on my attitude towards job is enough.

Today, I must confess that I am scared of the uncertainties the future holds. There is a little bit of hope as the future doesn't fit in the containers of the past. I will end this post with a poem :

Men look to the East for the dawning things,
For the light of a raising sun;
But they look to the West, to the crimson West,
For the things that are done, are done."
from "East And West".
-Douglas Malloch (1877 - 1938)

10 comments:

  1. Liked very much - "Does there live a man amongst us who will stand up and say Who will right the wrong? There was a man who dared to inspire change or spoke his hearts out while hurting the beliefs of his friends and strangers."

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If everyone had a job they loved, entertainment as a concept wouldn’t have been born."
    So true.........
    Also nor would psychiatry have been born

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Rai,
    Good to see you back at one [:D] of the things you love the most

    ReplyDelete
  4. rehgujar, Akash and Pallindrome, thanks for liking puchlines.

    Pallindrome, those who believe in psychiatry should examine their head!

    rehgujar: bas sath raho, abhi bahut kuch likhna bacha hai zindagi mein

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made for a wonderful read. Again one of your best. Keep them coming...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roshmi Madam, you encourage a lot for more and more refining. That's helpful. Thanks for the comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'If everyone had a job they loved, entertainment as a concept wouldn’t have been born. Without comparison one doesn't loose own soul in the rat race. Also, no reason to hell bent and prove an identity to society. Few lines to reflect on my attitude towards job is enough.'

    I totally agree!!!

    I find comparison and competition harmful, I also feel a lot of Indians see what they do as their 'status symbol' not their passion. The same standards apply to their own children. What makes the child happy doesn't matter, what impresses the neighbours is very important! :\

    I also see facebook and twitter the same way - I only use one to stay connected with other bloggers, and the other to share links and information.

    Loved this post too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are loving each of my post. That is very inspiring words for me coming from a prolific blogger. I am much in the state of confusion as living double life. I don't like my job as its opposite to my nature. And don't know where to go for more studies in cultural area. Mad race of eliteness and status symbol is counter productive to the talent. Hoping that My life partner can understand these facts easily..

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quote you have highlighted in red is an apt one... but I think we need to put up with the challenges that life forces onto us... only then we can achieve great things - either out of determination or out of desperation!

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Destination Infinity for coming here. To run for achieving great things out of determination or desperation will increase only misery! Let you do what you love or apt a path for slowly for it. Running behind challenges is mere attempt to prove your worth to satisfy one's pride and sense of conqueror. Sorry Destination Infinity but I don't agree with you here.

    ReplyDelete