Friday, June 1, 2007

Time before Internship -2

The saga of the time before internship continues from the previous post --

And the day when I catch train to Delhi was a busy day of my life. I had put everything in hostel common room and transferred computers to Subhash bhaiya home. I was really much in trouble without Subhash bhaiya's help. Vijay was there with me and helping me to complete all papers and formality before going to visa office. I arrived at nick of time before last train to Delhi on that day. Train to Delhi, Shivganga express was full of Biharis and I was in general compartment with them. I was struggling not to fall sleep after a tiring day with all important documents in a bag only. Train reached to Delhi in morning and I was standing alone on the railway platform at Delhi on the morning of 9th may. My brother received me there and we went to his home at North Delhi. Then, I rushed towards to visa center of German embassy in South Delhi. How fool i feel now, that I had not taken appointment before and return from their with appointment of next day.

10\05\2007 was an important date for me. I submitted all the document and got a date for visa interview on 15th may. I have postponed my flight from 15 to 18th now. I have now got strong emotions inside me that I cannot go back empty handed after getting this close. I was really afraid about what sort of questions will be asked in the embassy? But it was all over in 10 min in morning. The glaring sun in New Delhi looks cool to me and I was scheduled to get my visa on 17th evening from vfs only. It was like a dream come true.

But there was a still twist in the story. On the next day a call came from German embassy. It ordered me to come either with my own or parents bank statement. I was a lucky guy to have passbook with me that was lastly updated on march. I again visited to embassy on 17th morning and submitted the bank statement. The lady there was beautiful though not cooperating like first day. It was ok to me. I got my passport with visa stamped on it on 17th evening. My plane was next morning at 6 am Indian timing (bhai logon plane late ho gaya sahi mein indian timing ka prabawh bahut hai).

I have not met my parents since January. My parents came to see off me. I was a lucky man in my family as the first one going out of the country. My sister was doing training at TELCO, Lucknow at that time. She was missing me and I too was missing her. I was surely missing my friends and especially Vijay...

At last, Kuwait airways plane take off....
BYE BYE INDIA:

No comments:

Post a Comment