Saturday, May 16, 2009

I secretly admire Bong Culture !!!

Note:I am not Bong. This article is written not to provoke any regionalism feelings. Just an opinion which comes out of respect for a community...

I have strong dislike against CPI party rule over Bengal. I feel Bongs as radical and Tamils as conservative that represents extreme ends of the Indian culture. I am fan of Kerala as a well governed state. Kerala is a marginalized state in India who has challenged the false concept of high population as reason of illiteracy. But I admire Bong Culture more.

This feeling was ignited when I see a original copy of Tagore's work in German published in 1904 still preserved at small city of Germany. Then, a passion to discover about their culture has reached to this final conclusion. I don't have any strong affection or even interaction with their bong culture. Check our history only, Politics, Games, Religion, Cinema, Economy, Literature and Social Reform etc all the fields was pioneered by few bongs in new direction. I was amused by the ability of a non Hindi speaking community to have such a mass effect in our country. I had written previous line specifically because Hindi is dominating over regional languages day by day. Today I will speak in the praise of Bongs only. For readers brief introduction,they can go through...

Also Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down Moments for West Bengal.
West Bengal : 60 Years of State

How do I know so much about Bengal without setting foot on that land. Simple by reading and analyzing their mindset. They have image of Bhadrapurush outside Bengal and non negotiable persons inside Bengal. Now, an article whose heading should be altered to You like Bongs if....

Waiting for Gurudev:
Once upon a time there was a poet named Rabindranath Tagore born in our motherland. He speak the enlightening truth in his poems, plays, stories and novels. He was a poet, visual artist, playwright, novelist, educationist, social reformer, nationalist, business-manager and composer whose works reshaped Bengali literature and music in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Tagore's life work endures, in the form of his poetry and the institution he founded, Visva-Bharati University.

In the words of renowned film maker, Ritwik Ghatak "I cannot speak without him. That man has culled all my feelings long before my birth. He has understood what I mean and he has put in all the words. I read and find that all been said and I have nothing new to say. I think all artists, Bengal at least; find themselves in the same difficulty. It just cannot be helped. You can be angry with him, you can criticize him, you may dislike him, but ultimately, in the final analysis, you will find that he has the last word."

He has changed thinking of Bengal from then. He was an integrated part of Bengal Renaissance that has changed our society for ever. He transformed India and Bengal becomes one of the most inspiring intellectual center of our country. I want this change all over India...

Now, I am thinking about this enlightened person as seed of great intellectual revolution. I am feeling sad these days on realizing the decay of Hindi literature and language in Hindi speaking belt. I desperately want a Rabindranath Tagore for revival of mine language which has been dumped and destroyed in the name of creativity by Bollywood. Hence, waiting for new Gurudev for mine people who are doomed in leg pulling politics only and mocked as citizen of Cow belt region and bhaiyaji by our English media....

No comments:

Post a Comment