Saturday, October 25, 2008

Mantra of Life

I have taken this heading of the post from the song ‘what is the mantra of your life’ of the Euphoria Band. It helped me in my journey within.

I am currently involved in the concept known as 'Gap Year'. I am not actually taking one year gap for leisure time. I postponed my joining at CSC to November for giving time to my family before muddling up in corporate world. The introspection and self evaluation comes in this part of time. I am lucky enough to be free from any urgent financial woes by my family. Most of the time is dedicated to introspection and reading books or blogs. The self evaluation time will really help me in attaining long term goals.

I looked back and analyzed both my personal and professional life. My colleagues are coining this time of mine as uneconomic and wasteful phase of my life. The success is seen in very short future context and comparison with others is made often. I do not use this time for touring or part time jobs. The adventure part was of least importance to me. I was learning new and diverse things in mine graduation years although there were fall in grades due to negligence in academics. I feel like collector of the data bank during last 4 years of engineering. There was no synthesis of data in my mind. I give emphasis on my spirituality, philosophy, cinema and books in this period of time. I am walking on less traveled road but like each great tree, life is a plant of slow growth. I really believed in this mantra of life :  Instead of a linear life path, it was like adding a little zig to your zag.

Five point for everyone (Results of Introspection):

1-Saral bano, Sugam aur sadharan nahi (Be simple, not ordinary and effortless in practice).
2- Hum sab adhitiya pehle hain,asaadharan baad mein ( We are unique first then extraordinary.)
3-Aaveg gyan kaa lakshan hai aur anubhuti shaashwat hai (Sprinting of innovative Ideas is the symptom of genius but sensation is eternal)
4-Budhi saager ke laher ke samaan hai,chanchal aur satahi ,par anubhuti samudra tal ke samaan,shaant aur neestabdh (Direct Perception or Intuition has more far reaching effect than logic and reasoning.)
5- Prabhad aur Purusharth sath sath chalte hain (Luck and Hard work goes hand in hand.)

Last word on these ethical lessons which I sense these days was: You pay for your deeds.
I get my mantra of life AND YOU?

1 comment: