Thursday, April 9, 2009

Musical Movies

You can consider me illiterate in my knowledge of English songs and western music.Previous musical English movies viewed by me were mainly biographic or romantic with music taking back seat,except Amadeus. The list goes like this:The Pianist, Ray, Walk the Line , Music and Lyrics & Leggenda del pianista sull'oceano, La long time ago.

I recently watched 4 movies of music genre depicting life of those attached to them. All of them were different but really very good attempt in honest film making. First 3 ones were purely musical in sense.In last one,the main character was closely associated to me.So these recommendation are for evolving 'Rock On!!' fans if they love music.
Almost Famous -Fantasy.An Excellent Original Insight Into The 70's Rock Scene.But I like cool and fantastic dialogues of this movie.Once -Reality. A nice, small & honest movie in a Low Budget Charmer.It is just making of song if looked through glasses of mind.The Commitments -Amalgam of fantasy and reality.Raw story of Rise and fall of Irish band. But the high point comes when a line touches the soul of the movie. A character 'Joey'quotes : You're missin' the point. The success of the band was irrelevant - you raised their expectations of life, you lifted their horizons. Sure we could have been famous and made albums and stuff, but that would have been predictable. This way it's poetry.
Now,High Fidelity changes all the perception about love and life.I do not exactly like it for music but the obsession of character with music brings me near to him.I associate with him very easily as me being highly addicted to movies.I am mirror image of that guy.Spoiler alert: I do not have any GF in my life till now like main lead of High Fidelity.

Just wanna say in end that ---
Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.
~Victor Hugo

No comments:

Post a Comment